Long weekends and Easter eggs

Another long weekend and we are at the beach overindulging on Easter eggs and enjoying a few extra days off. This morning the place is especially busy as everyone is looking at a friends wedding pics while I figure out what to write and time is running out.

Few things against me today; slow internet, I'm not on my laptop and the bach is crowded making it hard to think.


I have typed things out, deleted, typed and deleted as I attempt to get my thoughts down. It reminds me of a quote by Josh Billings, "Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there."


So today I have been a postage stamp, stuck myself in a corner and kept writing until something made sense. Perserverance is an important character trait to me and when I get to the end of a project the feeling of accomplishment pushes me to do more.


Have a terrific week and when your surroundings don't quite allow you to do what you think is your best work, perservere because you never know what is going to come from sticking at it.

No comments: