What happens to crazy thoughts?


“The true test of civilization is not the census,
nor the size of cities, nor the crops – no,
but the kind of man the country turns out.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Have you ever wondered what happens to all those crazy thoughts going on in your head? We all have them. Thoughts about what you should have done in a situation, after it has happened. Thoughts about jumping out of your car and really telling the idiot who cut you off how you feel. I have.

I constantly monitor my thoughts to make sure they are positive and in keeping with the person I want to be. This is because I feel sure my thoughts control my feelings which control my performance and I want to do my best at all times.


However I have realised that no matter what crazy thoughts you are having, the measure of you is not your thoughts, but the actions you take. That is the thoughts you act upon.


Actions, not thoughts, will determine what people think about you. Because they can't hear or see your thoughts, they can only see and hear what you do or say.


This week really take note of what you doing or saying. Keep doing the things that work and stop the things that don't. It's hard work, but the rewards will be amazing.


No comments: