It's not the goal that matters


How often I found where I should be going
only by setting out for somewhere else. Buckminster Fuller


Everyone tells you to set goals and make lists. But how many of us actually take the time to do that? About 3%.

3%. Thats not a lot of us is it. And yet if you have a look at who is successful it is the 3% who set goals - I am discounting inheritance and Lotto here.


Setting goals can be a daunting task as you have to put something on paper and do things that move you towards them. Some of those things are hard, some of them might lose you friends, or you might upset some people. As humans we really don't like doing that and if the going gets tough we give up.


Think about this though - the goal itself doesn't matter, it is what we learn and how much we grow on the way to the goal that counts. That sounds exciting.


Every Monday my goal is to have the MondayMotivator written and away before 9am. By having to write about a new subject each week I learn about what I am writing about. That makes it easier for me to do the MondayMotivator because I like learning new things. It's exciting and challenging and makes it easier to hit my goal.


Have a terrific week and set goals that challenge you, stretch you and allow you to learn something new.



No comments: